Contest: Win “The Wolverine Files” Hardcover
The first ever ONCE UPON A GEEK contest! Enter here for your chance to win one of five copies of The Wolverine Files from Simon & Schuster Books!
The Wolverine Files by Mike W. Barr (Star Trek, Camelot 3000, Batman & the Outsiders, etc) is a gorgeous 160-page hardcover that details the complete story of Wolverine. Every aspect of Wolverine’s life is covered by this book. There are chapters covering his: origin, history, territories, allies, women in his life, enemies, travels in space, alternate realities, and even his various costumes.
One of my favorite things about this book is that it’s written as a report from SHIELD operatives. All the contents are designed to look like memos, interview transcriptions, or reports. There is even a “Classified” manila envelope on the inside cover stuffed with reproductions of some cool Wolverine drawings! Now the most striking thing as you first look at the book is the slipcover; it’s been sliced by Wolverine himself (see image to the right). The gashes in the slipcover are actual cuts. It’s really cool!
I gotta say I’m really impressed by this book. In addition to all the bells & whistles I’ve outlined above, the content itself is exceptional. The book is full of beautiful artwork by pretty much every artist to ever draw the character. Some of these images really take me back. Whether they are by Dave Cockrum, John Byrne, Marc Silvestri, Jim Lee, Frank Miller, Barry Windsor-Smith, or any number of others, they are reproduced exceptionally well here. The written passages are also very good. Barr does an excellent job covering the relevant facts about Wolverine and his exploits, and presents them in an organized and interesting manner. I get a real kick out of the blacked-out classified bits in the text. They are a nice reminder of the “top secret” nature of this document.
If you are interested in purchasing a copy, you can order one from Simon & Schuster by clicking here.
Entering the Contest
This book normally retails for $40. However, the super-cool folks over at Simon & Schuster are providing ONCE UPON A GEEK with five copies to give away absolutely free! Here is how the contest is going to work…
- In order to be eligible to win one of the five copies of The Wolverine Files, you must e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the day on Wednesday, August 5th.
- In your e-mail you need to answer two questions:
- Question #1 – Who is the writer credited with the creation of Wolverine?
- Question #2 – What is your favorite Wolverine story? You don’t need to know the issue numbers or storyline titles, just the gist of the story is enough.
- I’ll collect all the responses. If you’ve answered Question #1 correctly, and provided an answer for Question #2, you’ll be included in the drawing. I will then randomly draw five names from those eligible. Those five individuals will win a free copy of The Wolverine Files!
- You may only enter the contest once and must provide a legitimate e-mail address (so I can reach you if you win).
- This is the first contest I’ve run, so I’m sure there are some loopholes in my guidelines. Just keep in mind if you’re a “rules lawyer” and find some loophole, I’ll be following the spirit of the contest, not the letter of it.
Good luck to you all! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me. Below is more artwork from the book.
Remember, to be eligible to win you must e-mail me at email@example.com before the end of the day on Wednesday, August 5th.
5 thoughts on “Contest: Win “The Wolverine Files” Hardcover”
My God, this looks AMAZING.
Hey folks – I’ve had a few people inquire if the contest is open to people overseas. The answer is “YES”. If you receive mail, then you can enter the contest.
Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Wow, I have the exact same contest going. Hopefully there isn’t too much audience overlap between our blogs…
I liked the one where Wolverine wanted to get with Rachel but no one else really thought it was a good idea, besides, she was going out with that guy who looked like Brad Pitt.
And everyone knew Joey fancied Rachel and Wolverine was like: I’m so gonna slice you up’…
And then Monica made cakes…
Hang on, am I mixing shows again?