Star Trek New Movie – Lots of Pics
The new Star Trek movie is coming, whether you like it or not! And this time they are aiming to make Star Trek cool. Hard to believe, I know. Directing and producing this new Star Trek film is J.J. Abrams (Lost, Alias, Fringe, Cloverfield), so there is a good chance the movie will be entertaining (even if you don’t like Star Trek). In fact, Abrams has been quoted as saying, “We weren’t making a movie for fans of Star Trek. We were making a movie for fans of movies.” That’s encouraging! The release date is May 8, 2009, but there is already lots of news and photos making their way through the tubes and the internets.
- You can see the teaser trailer for the movie at the official website Star Trek Movie.com. The full trailer is scheduled to debut in front of “Quantum of Solace” in just under a month.
- There is a lengthy article explaining the new vision for Star Trek at Entertainment Weekly.com. Watch for spoiler warnings as you read the article (if you care).
- There will be a prequel comic book mini-series from IDW called “Star Trek Countdown” that focuses on the origins of the Romulan villain Nero. Be advised, there are minor SPOILERS in this link.
- Lots of information in the Wikipedia entry on the movie.
- You can check out the viral campaign at NCC-1701. Click the little numbers (like a combination lock) to get the picture clarity to 100%.
After looking through all this information, I’m really starting to get psyched for the film! Can’t wait for May 8, 2009! And now… on with the photos!
Teaser poster. Picture from IGN.
Kirk played by Chris Pine. Picture from Entertainment Weekly.
Spock played by Zachary Quinto (Sylar from ‘Heroes’). Picture from Entertainment Weekly.
Dr. McCoy played by Karl Urban, with Kirk in the background. Picture from Entertainment Weekly.
Sulu played by John Cho. Picture from Entertainment Weekly.
The Enterprise Crew — Pictured L to R: Chekov (Anton Yelchin), Kirk (Chris Pine), Lt. Montgomery Scott (Simon Pegg), Dr. McCoy (Karl Urban), Sulu (John Cho), and Uhura (Zoe Saldana). Picture from UGO Movies.
Spock throttling Kirk. Picture from Ain’t it Cool News.
The saucer section of the original Enterprise under construction. Picture from Screen Rant.
The updated bridge of the Enterprise. Picture from MTV Movies.
Kirk climbing from a crash landed shuttle. Picture from IGN.
Nero, the Romulan villain played by Eric Bana. Picture from Entertainment Weekly.
Another Nero pic. Picture from JoBlo.
USS KELVIN – Before Kirk is even born, this ship comes under Romulan attack, launching the plot for the new movie. Picture from Entertainment Weekly.
The USS Kelvin takes a hit in the film’s opening sequence. Picture from TrekMovie.com.
And finally, not a picture from the new movie but a motivational poster I absolutely love. Picture from Screen Rant.